Tooth loss can be an undeniably distressing experience. Our smile is a vital asset in our lives, leaving lasting impressions, bolstering our confidence, and playing a significant role in boosting our self-esteem. The emotional impact of losing a tooth can be profound. Feelings of denial, frustration, depression, and anxiety often accompany such loss. These feelings can naturally take a toll on mental well-being, affecting individuals from all walks of life, regardless of profession or social status. Dental implants represent more than just a solution for tooth loss. They are a gateway to regaining your quality of life. If you are searching for dental implants in Scranton, the team at Mint Mini Dental Implants can help. We provide superior tooth loss solutions by leveraging the power of mini dental implant technology.
Choosing Your Dental Implants in Scranton
Dental implants are the foundation for false teeth that look, feel, and function like natural ones. At Mint Mini Dental Implants, we provide mini dental implants that mimic the strength and appearance of natural teeth.
Traditional implants consist of a screw, an abutment, and a restoration like a denture, bridge, or crown. The screw, which functions as the artificial tooth’s root, is surgically inserted into the jawbone. It measures about 5 mm in diameter. Atop the screw sits a smaller screw known as the abutment, which links to the restoration.
Mini dental implants are smaller forms of traditional implants. While traditional implants are larger in diameter, mini implants are less than 3 millimeters. A mini implant comprises a small titanium post that is securely screwed into the jawbone. The prosthetic tooth or teeth are then attached using rubber O-rings. While both types of implants serve the same purpose, mini implants are much less invasive and require less time to place.
Solutions Tailored for You
At Mint Mini Dental Implants, we often recommend mini dental implants due to their many benefits compared to traditional implants:
- Smaller size: The foundational difference is that a mini implant is much smaller than a traditional implant. Traditional implants require a significant amount of jawbone and, in most cases, bone grafting to build up the jawbone. This added procedure is typically unnecessary for mini implants, making the procedure much shorter and less invasive.
- Quicker procedure: Because of their small size and design, the technique to place mini implants is minimally invasive. In most cases, the implants can be placed in a single visit.
- Faster recovery: Following the procedure, you can expect a relatively low level of discomfort. Additionally, one of the key benefits of mini implants is the quick recovery time. Within 24 to 48 hours, most patients can resume their regular daily activities.
- Versatility: Tooth loss prompts jawbone shrinking because the bone no longer receives the necessary stimulation to keep it strong. Since traditional implants are much larger and require a greater amount of jawbone, many people cannot get implants without undergoing bone grafting surgery. Mini implants are less invasive and more widely available to those with low bone density. Additionally, mini implants can fill a gap from a single missing tooth, support dental bridges when multiple teeth are missing, replace an entire arch of teeth, or stabilize loose dentures.
- Enhanced jawbone: Because the mini dental implant posts function as the root of your missing teeth, everyday activities like chewing and biting prevent further bone deterioration and strengthen the jawbone over time.
Are Mini Dental Implants Right For Me?
Mini dental implants represent a contemporary approach to addressing missing teeth, with eligibility determined by individual needs and medical history. You might be a good candidate for mini implants if:
- You need to replace one or multiple teeth.
- You would like a permanent solution for tooth loss.
- You want to replace a traditional bridge or loose dentures.
- You prefer immediate results without requiring bone grafting.
- You experience dental-related anxiety and prefer a less intrusive, single-day procedure.
- You are looking for cost-effective options for tooth replacement.
However, mini dental implants might not suit everyone due to specific medical and lifestyle factors. Factors that could affect your eligibility include having unmanaged diabetes or gum disease and undergoing chemotherapy or radiation treatments. At your free consultation, Dr. Coolican will determine if mini dental implants are right for you.
Seeking Dental Implants in Scranton? Trust Dr. Coolican
At Mint Mini Dental Implants, we understand the transformative power of mini dental implants. If you live in or near Scranton and are interested in dental implants, Dr. Coolican can help you regain your quality of life. Mini dental implants are not just about improving your smile but also your oral health and overall well-being. With mini dental implants, you’ll enjoy the freedom to eat, speak, and laugh without worry, just as you did before tooth loss.
Contact us today to schedule your free consultation and learn more about mini dental implants.