Same Day Dental Implants in Wilkes-Barre, PA
Americans lose an average of 12 teeth by the time they turn 50, so reliable solutions to missing teeth are key. Struggling with missing teeth or loose dentures can significantly impact your quality of life, making simple tasks like eating, speaking, or even smiling an ordeal. Fortunately, advancements in prosthetic dentistry have paved the way for same day dental implants. This cutting-edge treatment option is the solution for those longing for a hassle-free and radiant smile in just one day.
Tooth Loss Has a Significant Impact on Your Life
If left untreated, gaps in your smile can lead to several problems, including:
- Impaired chewing and speaking
- Weight fluctuations due to changes in eating patterns and poor nutrition
- Lower self-esteem and social avoidance
- Shifting teeth that can encourage bacteria growth
- Changes in facial appearance because of progressive bone loss
Same day implants can greatly improve your quality of life, allowing you to eat and speak confidently while maintaining your facial appearance and oral health.
What Are Same Day Dental Implants?
Same day dental implants, also known as immediate loading dental implants, are the key to revamping your smile in one appointment. Mini dental implants are used to replace missing teeth or anchor dentures.
A mini dental implant is a small metal post with a ball on one end that we secure into your jawbone. Your prosthetic tooth sits on top of the ball with the support of a rubber O-ring. While a single missing tooth calls for just one implant, you may need additional implants depending on the number of teeth you need to replace. No matter how many implants you have sitting below your gumline, your same day procedure will give you a radiant, natural-looking smile.
How Are Same Day Implants Placed So Quickly?
Unlike traditional dental implants, which require multiple surgical steps, our same day mini dental implants allow single-stage implantation, meaning that we can transform your smile in just one visit.
Traditional dental implants require prolonged healing periods to allow the implant to heal completely. The dental crown, bridge, or denture can be placed only when the conventional implant has fully integrated with the jawbone. An advantage of mini dental implants is that the prosthetic can be mounted before the bone grows around the implant.
Owing to its small size, a mini dental implant takes up very little space in your jaw, making for a less invasive procedure than a traditional implant. It’s also a much simpler procedure due to the mini dental implant’s streamlined two-piece structure. These factors decrease the amount of time you’ll spend in Dr. Coolican’s chair.
Because the surgery is minimally invasive and requires only local anesthesia, you can look forward to a rapid recovery as well.
The Same Day Implant Procedure
At the beginning of your visit, Dr. Coolican will apply a local anesthetic to numb your gums and jaw. If you experience dental-related anxiety, we provide additional sedation options that we can discuss during your consultation. If you request sedation, you will need to arrive for your appointment a little earlier so that the anesthesia can begin working.
During the procedure, Dr. Coolican will drill a small hole into your jaw. He’ll insert the metal post into the hole and then secure and tighten it. The artificial tooth is placed on top of the post and secured with the O-ring. Due to the simplified design of the implant and the efficiency of the placement technique, the procedure typically lasts about an hour.
The Many Advantages of Mini Dental Implants
The benefits of same day dental implants extend far beyond the convenience of a quick transformation. Their smaller size and less invasive procedure mean they are often suitable for those who were previously denied conventional dental implants due to inadequate jawbone volume. In the majority of cases, mini dental implants can be fitted without the need for bone grafting.
Our mini dental implants act as robust anchors to secure your new teeth or stabilize your dentures, significantly enhancing your comfort and confidence. They offer a host of benefits over conventional dental implants, including:
- Smaller diameter: While a traditional implant has a diameter of about 5 mm, mini dental implants measure less than 3 mm. This means that you’ll be more comfortable both during and after your procedure.
- Fewer surgical steps: Conventional implants often require bone grafting which adds months of recovery time before the implant can be placed. The smaller size of a mini dental implant means that it can fit a narrower jaw, eliminating the need for bone grafting for most patients.
- Immediate results: Our same day implants offer immediate results. You can look forward to a brilliant new smile in a matter of hours.
- Quicker recovery times: The surgical procedure for placing mini dental implants is straightforward and minimally invasive, leading to quicker recovery times. You’ll be able to resume your normal activities in 24-48 hours.
- Reduced cost: Same day implants are almost half the cost of their traditional counterparts, making them a more accessible solution for many patients.
- Preservation of oral health: Mini dental implants help preserve bone, prevent decay, and promote overall oral health.
How Long Do Same Day Implants Last?
While same day implants take only a few hours to transform your smile, they will last you for years. The implant is incredibly durable despite its size, so you won’t have to worry about frequent repairs.
In the first few days following your procedure, avoid sticky or hard foods which can loosen the implant. Once you heal, you can return to eating all the foods you love.
To extend the life of your same day implant, be sure to follow recommended oral hygiene practices. You should brush twice a day, floss daily, and use an alcohol-free mouthwash. Be sure to use a fluoride toothpaste as abrasive toothpaste can damage your implant.
To prevent damage to your implant, you’ll need to wear a mouthguard if you grind your teeth at night.
How Much Do Same Day Dental Implants Cost?
One of the top concerns when it comes to dental care is how much a procedure will cost. At Mint Mini Dental Implants, we believe everyone should have access to affordable oral care. At your consultation, we’ll evaluate your unique dental needs and discuss the cost of your same day implants.
To ensure our services are accessible to as many patients as possible, we offer flexible financing options to fit every budget. We work with three different financing companies, including Ally, Lending Club, and CareCredit, to negotiate the best rates and terms to meet your financial needs. Many payment plans offer 0% introductory rates and allow you to make payments gradually so that you can afford your same day dental implants.
Are You Ready to Make a Change?
Don’t let missing teeth complicate your life or compromise your health. As an expert in implant dentistry, Dr. John Coolican will customize a treatment plan that improves your quality of life with same day dental implants.
If you are ready to fill the gap in your smile, Mint Mini Dental Implants in Wilkes-Barre, PA can help. We invite you to experience the difference of same day dental implants by scheduling a free consultation today. Now is the time to begin your journey toward a healthier, more confident smile.
- What is a Mini Dental Implant?
- Tooth Replacement Options
- What are My Options If I’m Missing a Single Tooth?
- What are My Options If I’m Missing Multiple Teeth?
- The Benefits of Mini Dental Implants
- Mini Dental Implants vs Conventional Implants
- What If I Don’t Have Enough Bone for a Dental Implant?
- Bone Loss & Mini Dental Implants
- Do Mini Dental Implants Require Bone Grafting?
- The Mini Dental Implant Process Explained
- Can Dental Implants Replace All of My Teeth?
- Are Dental Implants Safe?
- How Soon After a Tooth Extraction Can I Have a Dental Implant?
- How Long Do Mini Dental Implants Last?
- Who is a Good Candidate for Mini Dental Implants?
- Why Should I Choose Mini Dental Implants?
- How Much Do Mini Dental Implants Cost?
- Does Dental Insurance Cover Implants?
- Mini Dental Implant Financing Options