Addressing tooth loss isn’t just about restoring your smile. It’s about reclaiming your ability to enjoy life without limitations. Unfortunately, many people relying on traditional dentures frequently experience discomfort and frustration. Whether missing teeth have lowered your self-confidence, prevented you from enjoying your favorite foods, or reduced your ability to speak comfortably, advanced dental solutions are available. Implant dentures offer unparalleled stability, enabling more natural function that allows you to experience life’s little joys again. If you are looking for the best implant dentures in Allentown, PA, we invite you to explore the possibilities at Mint Mini Dental Implants. Dr. John Coolican offers cutting-edge implant dentistry using innovative mini dental implants.
What Causes Tooth Loss?
Tooth loss is a common struggle for many adults that has several major causes:
- Periodontitis: Gum disease, or periodontitis, is one of the most common causes of tooth loss. It affects over 70% of adults aged 65 and older and 47% aged 30 and older. Bacteria buildup on teeth can lead to inflammation and infections that can spread beneath the gums, weakening the bone and tissues that keep the teeth secure.
- Tooth decay: Tooth decay, which causes cavities, is another significant cause of tooth loss. Like periodontal disease, tooth decay arises from oral bacteria that accumulate in plaque, feed on sugars in the diet, and produce acids that erode teeth. Untreated decay can damage teeth extensively and cause tooth loss.
- Trauma: Accidents while playing sports or chewing hard foods might result in knocked-out or broken teeth. Handling dental emergencies promptly and seeking immediate dental care is critical in such situations. However, sometimes the tooth cannot be saved.
Many people experiencing tooth loss turn to dentures as a solution. However, traditional dentures have some drawbacks that can create irritation and frustration. Implant dentures are an excellent alternative due to their superior stability and comfort.
Implant Dentures vs. Traditional Dentures
Traditional dentures are removable oral appliances that replace missing teeth in your upper and/or lower jaw. They can be ill-fitting and uncomfortable, requiring nightly removal, frequent soaking, and messy adhesives. Due to their instability, traditional dentures can make eating, chewing, and speaking more difficult. They can also cause your body to produce excess saliva. On top of these issues, conventional dentures are prone to slippage, causing irritation and even popping out of place.
Implant dentures use mini dental implants, which are small titanium posts that anchor the dentures in place. These implants are minimally invasive and take as little as one visit to place. One of the benefits of implant dentures is that they can be removable or non-removable, depending on what will best suit your needs. Implant-retained dentures are removable and are taken out and cleaned nightly or as needed. These are sometimes called “snap-on dentures.” Roundhouse bridges, on the other hand, are a full set of artificial teeth that are more permanent. These horseshoe-shaped bridges are firmly cemented onto the implants to provide enhanced stability, functioning just like natural teeth—or better!
Choosing Implant Dentures in Allentown
If you are considering alternatives to traditional dentures, it helps to understand the benefits of implant dentures.
- Jawbone strength: One of the downsides to traditional dentures is that they cannot prevent the progression of bone loss from missing teeth. Because mini implants function as the tooth’s roots, they stimulate the jawbone, helping to maintain its strength.
- Enhanced comfort: Mini dental implants provide unmatched stability, preventing irritation from slippage and providing a better fit. This reduces movement and the risk of infections like denture stomatitis, which is often associated with ill-fitting dentures.
- Stronger bite: A common issue with traditional dentures is difficulty chewing. Implant dentures are locked into place and function just like normal teeth, so you can eat more of the foods that you want without feeling limited or insecure.
- Secure fit: Traditional dentures require adhesive to stay in place and can often be messy and unreliable. Additionally, they require frequent adjustments to maintain their fit. In contrast, mini dental implants secure the appliance without requiring regular adjustments, saving you time and money.
Choosing implant dentures at Mint Mini Dental Implants means choosing an immediate upgrade to your quality of life. With mini dental implants, the procedure is quick, and the recovery time is minimal.
Upgrade Your Dentures in Allentown Today!
You don’t have to settle for unreliable and uncomfortable dentures. There is a better solution! If you are interested in implant dentures in Allentown, PA, we can help. When you visit for your free denture consultation at Mint Mini Dental Implants, Dr. Coolican will explain your options and help you find a more secure fit.
Explore the transformative impact of implant dentures. Contact us today to schedule a complimentary consultation.